Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just my luck!

I hope this is not a sign of things to come for me in the Year of the Ox.

Sunday - while having dinner, I had this itchy sensation on my right thigh and I reached my hand down to scratch but because I was sitting in between the table legs, the space was limited. So instead of relieving the itch, I ended up with a fingernail scratch on my right thigh.

Monday - I closed the windows and the door while I sleep because there have been an influx of mosquitoes around my house recently. So I had to turn on my fan and my fan make funny noises if it is angled differently. So in the middle of the night, I was awaken by the grrrrrrrr of the fan and I woke up to lift the fan higher. In the process, my finger slipped inside the grille and I now have a cut on my finger from the blades of the fan. But I was so tired that I didn't turn on the lights to check the cut, I just simply wash off the blood in the toilet and head back to bed. Only noticing the cut the next morning. It makes wearing clothes, showering and typing such a chore.

Tuesday - Thank goodness peaceful.

Today - I decided to come to work after lunch because I have to work till 10 pm earliest tonight as I have a teleconference which I have decided to take from the office. But of all days, my boss cannot reach one of my colleague in the office and found out both of us are coming in late today. So she sent me an email saying she doesn't mind but will appreciate it if I kept her informed that I have modified my working hours in the future. I turned on my blackberry the moment I woke up and read my emails and replied her today. I wouldn't call it modifying my working hours, it was just a one-time thing.

Anyway over, hopefully all peaceful for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment