Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Food for the soul

In today's economic condition, it is good to know there are food stalls out there who actually sold food at a cheap price.

For a long time, I have been enjoying cheap but good food at the food centre behind my office, prices range between $2 to $4 per meal excluding drinks. I saw a stall selling Western food such as chicken chop meal with chips etc, for only $3 and Japanese food such as Oyaku Don for just $3.80..amazing. I will miss them after my office move to another locaion in another month or so.

So anyway, I went for lunch only at 2 pm today and ended up at a stall selling rice with 3 dishes for $2. Cheap right? And the best part is because they were fast selling out, they told me how about mixing everything for just $2 and I said ok. But never did I realize the portion they gave me was so huge. I got rice with 5 dishes for $2 and the stall owner still told me to come back for me if I don't think I have enough.

I can't even finish my whole plate but to be honest, the dishes were a bit dry but a meal is a meal. I don't usually end up with unfinished food but just look at this plate!! There are so many dishes until you can't see the rice at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment