Monday, March 30, 2009

Banana Pancakes

You may think I am on a crazy cooking spree or something but it is not. It just happened that I have an almost full bag of flour left from my last cooking disaster and therefore I was thinking what can I use it for. So since I have eggs, check, milk, check, vanilla essence, check, I decided to do some pancakes as breakfast yesterday.

And we have some overripe bananas and rather than let them rot, I decided to mash them up and add them to my pancake mix.

It is actually quite economical to do it, all these ingredients doesn't cost me much and for a batter mix of 1.5 cups of flour plus 1.25 cups of milk plus other minimal ingredients, I was able to produce pancakes enough to feed 4 adults and each having at least 4-6 pancakes each.

I must say however my pancakes are not perfect, it smell like banana when you are cooking it but it doesn't has a strong banana taste when you are eating it. Also my pancake doesn't really look like pancake to be honest, the texture wasn't the same as those fluffy pancakes you have at McD. But that's ok, at least we fill our stomach for 1 meal and no one complained about stomachache after eating them haha.

And in the late afternoon, while waiting for dinner which won't happen for at least another 2 hours, I decided to 'bake' a potato in the microwave and it turned out quite well, though some fine tuning is still required in order to perfect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment